Date:      Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:07:07 -0400
From:      Miod Vallat <miodrag@multimania.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-audio@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: festival-1.4.0 + mbrola (state of the art speech synth) portedto NetBSD

Thus spoke Julian Assange:
> At least it works, and it's public.  I really get steamed at the French
> MBROLA folks who somehow justify keeping their code private by saying
> they're helping the research by doing this.  They say on their site
No, it's a sad affair of patents. The code is going to be made public in the
future, but, you know, legal things are sloooooow.

> they have a FreeBSD version, but it's not so.
Definitely an error. I've only made NetBSD and OpenBSD binaries. Under FreeBSD,
I keep getting coredump and didn't have enough time to work on this yet.
Perhaps before the fall ?

PS: Please reply with me in cc:, as I'm not subscribed to these lists.
--
  Miod Vallat (compiler slave for MBrola)
  miodrag@multimania.com