Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 95 9:22:57 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit

> cvs commit said something like "ci warning: missing message for -m
> option" and started asking for messages using the ">>" prompt after
> I typed "!" in response to the "a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this
> message unchanged for remaining dirs" question during a
> multi-directory commit.  Anyone know why?

I have always seen this on multidirectory commits.  What happens is the
message is created in the first subdirectory, since each directory is
the current directory for the commit phase.

Typically, if the changes you made are all described by your first comment,
use the '!' to reuse the comment on all files.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.