Date:      Sat, 04 Jul 2015 15:44:15 -0700
From:      Jeffrey Baitis <jeff@baitis.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Advice in hunting down an X11 drawing issue

--70Q0o48cm4bPkWj9oRTM4kNPchTFg7mkV

Hi everyone. I have been trying to discover why my X server occasionally
bogs my computer down, and I have finally produced a test case that
seems to reproduce the issue consistently using xfreerdp.

I've posted a screen capture illustrating the issue here:=20
https://youtu.be/sFjHi20Hl60

I welcome advice that would help me hunt down / determine what specific
routines are causing the issue. Should I start hacking on the xfreerdp
source? More generally, would hunting this down be helpful to the communi=
ty?

Note that other selection boxes displayed in other programs (e.g. gimp)
do not precipitate this behavior.

I'm running the nvidia-304 binary driver

Thanks,
-Jeff

--=20
Jeffrey Baitis -  jeff@baitis.net <mailto:jeff@baitis.net>  -  626.921.60=