Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2021 16:05:39 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        ericbsd@freebsd.org, FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Any plan to fix ports git main history compatibility with old GitHub  master?

[The original send attempt for this failed somehow.]

Eric Turgeon ericbsd at freebsd.org wrote on
Mon Apr 5 20:33:22 UTC 2021 :

> Today when trying to sync the GhostBSD ports tree with the FreeBSD =
ports
> tree, I found out the main branch history is not compatible with the =
old
> GitHub master.
>=20
> Any plan to migrate to main with hold git history as we had with
> freebsd-src?

https://wiki.freebsd.org/git says in part (items not
completed):

QUOTE
Apr 4th lwhsu Enable push access to Git deploying to production env and =
verifying=20
Apr 5th lwhsu Enable push access to Git
Apr 6th lwhsu Enable push access to Git (worst-case)=20
      lwhsu Push =E2=80=9CWelcome to Git=E2=80=9D commit=20
      lwhsu Starting pushing to external mirrors (github, gitlab, etc.)=20=

      portmgr 2021Q2 quarterly branch created=20
END QUOTE

Note the "Starting pushing to external mirrors (github, gitlab, etc.)"
that was added to the schedule on 2021-04-05 09:12:09 UTC. That might
be what you are waiting for. Still not listed as started, last I looked.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went