Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:41:45 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VMWare: reading from floppy drive ...

Morning all ...

	Slowly figuring out 'caveats' with this thing, and moving
forward.  Got rtc installed and running, so mouse appears to be slightly
more responsive.  Trying to get the 'performance patches' installed next,
but can't seem to get it to read from floppy:

Linux_Floppy: Disk supposedly present, read: 'Invalid argument'!

	Using mtools/mdir, I can read the floppy just fine...

	Reading from the website:

    - Floppy disk detection currently doesn't work. It is assumed that
      a disk is always present in the floppy drive. Because of that, if
      you have enabled both IDE and floppy drives in the same VMware
      session, you must select the right booting order in the Phoenix BIOS
      Setup.

	My interpretation from the above is that it applies to booting
from floppy, but I should still have access to the drive once up?

	Still haven't got networking up, which is going to be next
option/task, but is there any way of getting the 'tools' installed without
networking?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org