Date:      Wed, 08 Jul 2015 01:14:03 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>, Kubilay Kocak <koobs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, ohauer@FreeBSD.org, Gregory Orange <gregory.orange@calorieking.com>
Subject:   Re: mail/postfix default build options request: SASL

Brooks Davis wrote on 07/07/2015 19:06:
> On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 03:45:53PM +1000, Kubilay Kocak wrote:
>> On 7/07/2015 3:31 PM, Gregory Orange wrote:

[...]

>> If consensus can't be achieved or there is a good reason not to enable
>> this by default, then postfix-sasl as a slave port may be a desirable
>> alternative, which I believe has existed in the past.
>>
>> I'm generally:
>>
>>   +1 on security related options enabled by default
>>   +1 on OPTIONS_DEFAULT matching upstream defaults
>>   -1 on OPTIONS_DEFAULT introducing large dependency sets
>
> We need a port that allows dovecot2 SASL by default.  There are a bunch of
> turorials on setting up such systems and all of the have to start with "build
> everything by hand" which makes us look bad.  I've been somewhat tempted to
> adding a slave port mail/postfix-useful with SASL, TLS, and DANE turned on.
> A less trollish name might be better though. :)

As I am running own poudriere builder for our servers for different
customers with different configurations, I created 3 slave ports for 3
types of SASL (Cyrus SASL, Dovecot SASL, Dovecot2 SASL)
So now we have postfix-sasl (Cyrus SASL), postfix-dovecot and
postfix-dovecot2 slave ports in our repo.

Something similar can be done for FreeBSD offical ports tree. (until
flavours or subpackages will be there)

Miroslav Lachman