Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:36:01 -0500
From:      "Scott Berta" <scott_berta@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HELP!! getswapspace: failed on install

I am attempting to install FBSD on an old 486 laptop with 8M of ram and a
250M HD.  I have heard that this is no problem, yet I keep encountering the
same error during the device probe (swap_pager_getswapspace: failed).  Does
anyone have any work arounds for this?  Can I establish a swap partition on
the HD this early in the install, or is adding more ram my only option?  My
goal is a "bare-bones" install for educational purposes.  Any help would be
gratly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott