Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2002 02:50:31 -0800
From:      "Aaron Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with a C application that changes users and run 'screen -x'

Hello list

I have an application that simply logs in as another user
and runs "screen -x". The problem I am having with the
followin code is that the results of execution is a message
from (I am guessing the shell) saying that I dont have access
to the "/dev/ttyp?" where ? is the current virtual terminal
that I am running on.

Here is my application:

#include <stdlib.h>
int main(int argc, char* pszArgs[])
{
        int result;
        result= system("/usr/bin/su ppp -m --login -c " &
                         "/usr/local/bin/screen -x");
        return result;
}

And here is the output:
bash-2.05$ ./a.out
To see the output from when your computer started, run dmesg(8).  If it has
been replaced with other messages, look at /var/run/dmesg.boot.
                -- Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
Cannot open your terminal '/dev/ttyp0' - please check.

Thank you all for your time.

Aaron Burke
aburke@nullplusone.com