Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:37:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      <keith@mail.telestream.com>
To:        Bruce DeVault <bruce@fw.intechsoft.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recurring bad file descriptors

I have had the exact same problem with 30 Gig's of RAID-0 and -5 on scsi
drives not ide.
I found also that when adding the disks into the system with sysinstall
produced some funny errors that would be displayed on a different tty when
making the actual file system on a large space. I also found as did you
that slicing it into smaller sections fixed the errors and bad file
descriptors that came up all the time. I searched for some form of answer
for a few weeks and gave up. Still not sure why it all had happened but
would be nice to discover if you figure out what it was/is.

Keith