Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:24:07 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   FUD

Thanks, everyone, for explaining the meaning of FUD, and its history.

Hmmm... Fear, uncertainty, doubt. Seems like those methods have been
around for centuries.

I am surprised that Merriam-Webster has not picked it up yet (I am
talking about their *online* dictionary which is supposed to check
their entire database).

At any rate, now I have a better word to scream whenever I see the
Dell (I think it's Dell) TV commercial in which they show you several
computers and say something like "this one looks apetizing, but does
it come with a free color printer?"

I've been saying "Oh, please!", "Give me a break!" (and some more expletive
words). Now I can just say "FUD!" :)

Cheers,
Adam

--
Can you imagine the silence if everyone said only what he knows!
		-- Karel Čapek