Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:18:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tibor Kallo <tibor_kallo@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NIC support

Hello,

I have the FreeBSD 4.0 (a full 4.4 BSD Lite Based
32-bit OS) CD-ROM (4 discs). This is my first time
installing FreeBSD.

Could you tell me if I have full support (including
autoprobing) for the DEC DE205 Ethernet ISA combo card
(usually referred as Etherworks). I have tried so far
Red Hat Linux 6.0 who claims to have full support but
I did not succeed with it even though I did my "kernel
tweaking". Same for the Caldera OpenLinux.

From what I have read FreeBSD should support this NIC
(I have the "big FreeBSD book").

Also, would a SCSI CD-ROM be supported (NEC)?

Thanks,

Tibor Kallo
604-821-5076
Vancouver, British Columbia Canada