Date:      Sun, 20 Jun 1999 17:27:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Backb0ne <backb0ne@start.com.au>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems with a PNP modem but not a Winmodem

On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Backb0ne wrote:

> Hi, i am Freebsd and i update my hardware buying a PNP modem (pctel 56k) =
that is not a winmodem. But when i boot my freebsd system nothing appers ab=
out the modem and i can=B4t get it using pppd.
>=20
> PPPd , scripts, chap, etc, is  well done cause i connect to internet usin=
g my old 28 modem. Can you point me a little to configure it without Upgrad=
eting the kernel/fbsd version ??
>=20
> thank you very much.
>=20
> p.s. Under windows, it=B4s plugged on com3 using irq10.

ok, make sure "pnp OS" in the bios is set to "no" or "other" and NOT
"win95"

then check out the pnp tools available on freebsd "man pnp"

-Alfred