Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 21:19:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        mark@intervista.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape.

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997 mark@intervista.net wrote:

> hello everyone.i am having a little problem with netscape.when
> i run it i get a LOT of errors.netscape says the errors are due
> to a missing XKeysymDB file.and it says to set the environment
> to point to the XKeysymDB file that was included in the netscape
> distribution.could someone please tell me how i would do this?
> id really appreciate any help.

Add to your .profile ( or however else you wish to set your
environment ) the following:

CLASSPATH=/usr/local/netscape
export CLASSPATH
XNLSPATH=/usr/local/netscape/nls
export XNLSPATH
XKEYSYMDB=/usr/local/netscape/XKeysymBD
export XKEYSYMDB

These directories are as they are on my machine, so adjust accordingly.
This should take care of it! I installed the package when I had 2.1.5
and not the port. I've upgraded to 2.2.1R and it all still runs fine.

John