Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 14:04:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Mohd Yazid Ashaari <mohdasmy@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Mohd Yazid Ashaari wrote:
> anybody know how to set up dhcp client?
> I'm using SMC etherPower (PCI) ethernet card..

With ISC DHCP

Install the BSDi dhclient-script and dhclient.conf in /etc

edit the conf file to suit, the stock version should probably
work.  start /usr/sbin/dhclient from a shell script in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d

I also read that they have added more client scripts
so check to see iof there is now one for FreeBSD.

http://www.isc.org/dhcp-dev.html

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com