Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:30:58 +0100
From:      Nicolas Haller <nicolas@boiteameuh.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Busy disk and page fault

Hi all,

I'm asking myself about a problem I have with a Postgresql server on
FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE.

The server is overload, the disk is 100% busy with 250 write operations
per second and a throuput of 6MB/s.
My first idea is because of mass random access/write on the disk. But I also see
the server can make 20k page fault per second.

So, did you think I really have a disk contention or this high number of
page fault can be a problem (and if it can, how to resolve it).

Thanks,

--
Nicolas Haller