Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:25:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      FreeBSD <freebsd@XtremeDev.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   XFree86 4.0.2_5 and gv running at 100% cpu?

Has anyone else had any problems recently with XFree86-4.0.2_5 and gv
(installed from ports)? Everytime I tried to run gv, it would "seemingly"
lock up XFree86. I had to ssh in from another machine to kill XFree86, and
with a SIGKILL no less. But right before I did it, each time (I tried it a
couple of times to make sure it wasn't a fluke) I saw XFree86 in top using
100% CPU utilization. This worked alright in XFree86 4.0.2_2, which was
the last time I had used gv.
Video card is a Matrox Millennium II 8mb, with XFree86 running at 800x600
res and 24bpp.
I'll see about building a debugged version of gv tonight and seeing if I
can catch something. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into the same
issue.

Davec