Date:      Thu, 13 Oct 2005 03:09:25 -0300
From:      Luciano Musacchio <l0kit0@exactas.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   6.0-rc1 problems with aliased interface

Hi,
I've just migrated from 5.4 to 6.0-rc1 (to make wireless work through
ndisgen... and it did :), but now I'm having a problem with dhcp. I'm
googling now for some solution, the problem is (it seems not to be a problem,
just a lot of /etc changes I will have to get used to):

I cannot have the same interface to take its data from the dhcp server AND at
the same time to take an alias address, with 5.4 i had:

ifconfig_vr1="DHCP"
ifconfig_vr1_alias0="inet 192.168.0.1/24"

in /etc/rc.conf. I understand that we've changed dhclient, so i ran
"/etc/rc.d/netif restart" and I get the same problem, "dmesg -a" says:

Oct 13 03:03:41 chiba dhclient[978]: connection closed
Oct 13 03:03:41 chiba dhclient[978]: exiting.

and then, I lose the configuration for the interface,

any help would be fine, i keep on reading anyway,

thanks ppl, you're the best