Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 22:37:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>
Cc:        Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Laugh: [Fwd: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-008]

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, David Schwartz wrote:

:
:> >  - Servers could only be affected if the attacker were given the
:> >    ability to load a program of her choice onto the machine and
:> >    execute it locally.  Best practices recommend against this.
:
:> You've gotta laugh really, a root compromise exists and the mitigating
:> controls are to not let anyone use the box!
:>
:> Paul.
:
:	In fairness to Microsoft, it is best practice not to let attackers access
:your box.
:

It's also best practice not to use software that sucks.  I'd love to find an
environment where no one but me gets to use the computers.

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.