Date:      Fri, 02 Oct 1998 00:33:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "David L. Vondrasek" <david@davidv.iadfw.net>
To:        Florian_Uhl@3com.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samba/WIN95/FREEBSD-Printing

On 30-Sep-98 Florian_Uhl@3com.com wrote:

> David,
>
> as you can see from the output (\barstoolHP66C), you didn't include
> enough
> backslashes in the command line.
>
> You should try 'smbclient -P \\\\barstool\\HP66C' because your shell is
> treating \ special. Basically, you have to escape the \ with a \.
>
> Cheers ...

1st I'd like to thank all those that offered help. the last person
said I need to issue a 'translate' comamnd at the sbm prompts as such.

smb: \> translate
CR/LF<->LF and print text translation now on
smb: \> print news1.sh
printing file news1.sh as news1.sh
1391 bytes printed
smb: \>

And the file PRINTED !!!!  CORRECTLY !!!!

THANK YOU ! .. Now.. *ok you knew it was coming*. How do I get it to
print this way by DEFAULT. Such as in aplications as Netscape and other
programs to default to print though the Samba without me having to log to
Samba. Or is this not possable ?

Thanks again !

---
David Vondrasek                                 byteme@airmail.net

--You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????