Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:34:34 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: make the experimental NFS subsystem the default one

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 06:14:22PM -0400, Rick Macklem wrote:
> > - Has the experimental code been stress-tested? If so, how? I've heard
> > of people doing silly things like testing with filesystem benchmark
> > utilities -- which pass/work fine, but the instant someone tries
> > using something like rsnapshot (like we do), the thing falls apart.
> >
> Just fyi, Peter Holms (pho@) has volunteered to do some stress testing,
> which is now in progress.
>
> Thanks go to him for doing this, rick

Totally awesome.  Thank you both for doing this -- I can probably
safely speak for the community when I say we all appreciate it.  :-)

Also, related yet unrelated: our production environment is running the
experimental server as of ~48 hours ago, and things seem okay.  Our
rsync jobs have all passed w/out issue, no anomalies.

The stablerestart(5) stuff needs to get dealt with before the switch-to
experimental-server-as-default gets flipped on, but I know you'll get to
that, Rick.  If you need any testing/help from me, just let me know.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc@parodius.com |