Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 1996 11:45:35 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [PCMCIA] PAO-960907 for 2.2-960801-SNAP is now available

> New PAO pacakage for 2.2-960801-SNAP is now available.

..

> New feature:
>     First 2.2-960801-SNAP based release
>     IBM Smart Capture Card I/II support (about 12-15 fps @ 320x240 pixels)
>     Simple X client for IBM Smart Capture Card
>     Experimental SCSI-detach feature

Are you going to incoroporate the patches and suggestions I sent out
almost 2 months ago to you?  If not, then *I* am going to give up even
trying to merge in the changes you make, since you have shown little
interest in making my job easier.

Someone else may do the work, but not me *unless* you and the Nomad help
make my job easier, and so far you have done little.

Most importantly you've ignored my requests for:
1) apm changes - You're now in violation of the APM 1.1 specification
2) You've added your name to code that you haven't done *anything* to.
3) You've added 'machine specific' code to tree where none is required (beep)
4) You've made machine independant portions of the system dependant on a
   particular architecture (wavelan stuff)
5) You've refused to integrate changes I've made which give the Nomad
   code the *exact* same functionality while minimizing 'code'
   differences.

The latter one is the one I'm most upset with.  I spent about 80 hours
attempting to take what I consider to be a very quick implementation of
something and attempted to make it somewhat cleaner, so that the Nomad
code would maintain it's current functionality (bugs, fixes, and all)
while still allowing me to 'track' the releases.  These patches were
sent out months ago, and since that point there have been 4 Nomad
releases.  Most of the releases have been against 2.1.5, so it hasn't
been as big an issue but this most recent release implies that you
have no interest in doing anything with those patches.

However, I am still interested in working together if you are, but I
need to see some interest and co-operation.

Nate