Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 1999 15:58:39 +0100
From:      Jonathan Bisson <MoA4abul@ifrance.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   I have 2 Problems.

Hi,
(Sorry,I'm French and don't speak English very well).
(Please reply at MoA4abul@ifrance.com, I can't subscribe to the mailing
list).
1)CD-Writer

I have a CD-Writer Plus 7200i (IDE).

So, I want to use it under FreeBSD.

Under Linux, it works perfectly, but with the Scsi Generic Emulation
blabla...

I tried /usr/share/examples/worm/... This don't work.
I tried /usr/share/examples/atapi/... This don't work too.

When I dd if=myimage.iso of=/dev/??? (I tried many devices), my writer
don't seem to work properly and my system hangs.

Is this a possibility to port the Scsi Generic Emulation... under
FreeBSD(I wan't to help because I want to learn how to make a device
driver for FreeBSD).

2) Video Card.
I've a S3 TRIO 3D/2X, under Windows(hum?), it work perfectly, but under
Linux and FreeBSD, I get many graphic artifacts. And under XFree, it's
the same thing. Syscons and PCVT do the same thing. Dos works perfectly
too.
So what will I do.

Thank you.

Must I reinstall Linux or Windows for writing my CDs???

Reply at: MoA4abul@ifrance.com
--
  Jefftf: MoA4abul@ifrance.com
"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern