Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:33:53 +0800
From:      Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com>
To:        Nikola Lecic <nlecic@EUnet.yu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mouse wheel doesn't work

On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 01:42 +0200, Nikola Lecic wrote:
> I think that then middle (wheel) click doesn't work; if it does, then

The middle click does work! However there is no middle key on thinkpad
track-point, thus it means at least some signal cannot be produced by
track-point is delivered to FreeBSD.

> just copy Ubuntu xorg.conf entry or check if trackpoint and external
> ps/2 mouse use different /dev.

Unfortunately it seems in dmesg only psm0 is discovered. dmesg attached

> > Mouse section of xorg seems to be correct, and I think it's not useful
> > to tweak X configuration if moused cannot by itself detect mouse wheel
> > movement.
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier  "Mouse0"
> >         Driver      "mouse"
> >         Option      "Protocol" "auto"
> >         Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
> >         Option      "Buttons" "5"
> >         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> > EndSection
>
> Generally, using two parallel mouse devices calls for two separate
> InputDevice mouse entries and for SendCoreEvents option.

Yes, if track-point and PS/2 have been discovered as two devices.

> Please read this page:
>
>   http://salisburys.net/PetersNotes-TW.html
>   (choose "External mouse wheels and wheel emulation...")

Very smart:)

> and consider experimenting with this:
>
>   http://tpctl.sourceforge.net
>
> It doesn't seem ported, but they claim it runs on *BSD. Read the man
> page, --setup-pointing-device* options could maybe solve the problem.

compile failed with a lot of error messages. I'll try the good old
PS2.EXE later on DOS.

Thanks for all the info and help:)