Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 1999 22:19:31 -0700
From:      Dennis Ho Kai Keung <dennisho@hksite.net>(by way of Ben Schumacher <bs@cyalchemy.com>)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cannot Install FreeBSD on my new server

Hi Ben,

 >From the Q&A of FreeBSD homepage, I've found the following articles:

-- Begin quote --
Q: When installing on an Dell Poweredge XE, Dell proprietary RAID
controller
    DSA (Dell SCSI Array) isn't recognized.

A: Configure DSA to use AHA-1540 emulation using EISA configuration
utility.
    After that FreeBSD detects DSA as Adaptec AHA-1540 SCSI controller,
with
    irq 11 and port 340. Under emulation mode system will use DSA RAID
disks,
    but you cannot use DSA specific features such as watching RAID
health.
-- End quote --

Since the above claims that Dell proprietary RAID controller can be used
in FreeBSD (by some trickies :P), I would like to know whether my PERC
controller can do the similar way.

My boss is now scolding at me and I will sooner be dead if I can't fix
this problem.

Lots of thanks.
--
Dennis Ho Kai Keung