Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:33:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@iquest.net>
To:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com (Matthew Dillon)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inode / exec_map interlock ? (follow up)

>     I am guessing that there is an interlock situation with exec_map and
>     a program inode where one process locks exec_map followed by the program
>     inode, and another locks the program inode followed by exec_map.  But
>     I'm not familiar with that section of the code so I would appreciate
>     any help.

Another comment, it would be good to communicate with the code authors, so
that we can clear the modifications to the FreeBSD codebase.  DG is trying
to watch your progress, and I have continually offered to help.  I really
don't care if you hack my code, but I think that you might be running into
some historical mistakes.

BTW, have you found/fixed the non-blocking swap pager problem yet.  It seems
that existing bugs should be fixed first.

dyson@iquest.net      | it makes one look stupid