Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 05:45:54 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@turkey.ispro.net.tr>
Cc:        Sal <sal@intellex.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help installing modem

> do you have the modem manual ? there it also should say which platforms
> does your modem support if it has something else than Windows and
> WindowsNT there then your modem is not a winmodem for sure (especially if
> it says that your modem supports DOS)

But be aware that a modem that only claims to support Win98
and WinNT is not necessarily a Winmodem -- it may simply be
manufactured by a manufacturer that doesn't care that their
products also run under real OSes.  All my Hayes modems are
models that run fine under any Unix OS, but they only claim
compatibility with Win98 and WinNT.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>