Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 1995 03:17:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@blaise.ibp.fr>, "FreeBSD Hackers' list" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: /etc/printcap for Deskjet 500 and gs

On Sat, 1 Apr 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Here is my /etc/printcap file
>
> Does anyone "own" printing under FreeBSD?  I've often felt there to be
> a great, sucking vacuum in the printing side of things and it really
> would be NIFTY if somebody who actually OWNED A PRINTER (this does not
> include me) and was kind of DETAIL MINDED actually got mad and angry
> enough about the poor printer support and DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
>
> Any takers? :-)
>
> 					Jordan

	Well, I actually OWN A PRINTER or to be exact, one HP DeskJet
560C, DeskJet Portable 310 and a DeskJet 500 and recently got printing of
everything except for dvi files under apsfilter 4.9 delta which I am
trying out...  Time to add apsfilter to the ports collection? :-)

Cheers,
Vince
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering
Princeton/Berkeley student in the making...