Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 10:53:30 -0700
From:      gummibear@we.mediaone.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Are SIIG SCSI Cards Supported?

Hello all!

I'm looking at getting a low-cost entry level SCSI adapter.  I came across
SIIG (www.siig.com) products while looking through newspaper ads.  SIIG
seems to make various I/O adapters ranging from SCSI cards to ATA/66 cards
and more. The product that I was interested in is the: AP-40 SCSI Pro PCI -
Ultra Wide SCSI Bus Master Adapter. I've seen this card as low as $150
which seems to be a good deal.

According to their website their SCSI controllers use two different
chipsets, the ADVANSYS and INITIO.  I believe that I've read that the
Admansys chipset is supported, but I'm not sure about the Initio. Do you
know if that chipset is supported?

Thanks!

Joey