Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:20:53 GMT
From:      vikashb@mweb.co.za
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mod_frontpage on FreeBSD 4.7p3

Greetings,

I am trying to get frontpage working on my bsd box,
I installed mod_frontpage from the ports tree.

when the M$ clients try to connect, it fails
and the only error i see is :

[Thu Jan 16 12:50:01 2003] [error] [client 198.54.253.91] web root owned by
privileged user: /usr/local/www/data/_vti_bin/shtml.exe

I have googled and have had no success.

my http.conf is all follows :

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/data"
ServerName www.websrv.my.domain
<Directory /usr/local/www/data>
        DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html
        AllowOverride AuthConfig Limit Indexes Options
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>
ErrorLog /usr/local/www/vhosts/logs/websrv-error.log
TransferLog /usr/local/www/vhosts/logs/websrv-xfer.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/vhost/vhost1"
ServerName www.vhost1.my.domain
<Directory /usr/local/www/vhosts/vhost1>
        DirectoryIndex index.php index.php3 index.html
        AllowOverride AuthConfig Limit Indexes Options
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>
ErrorLog /usr/local/www/vhosts/logs/vhosts/vhost1-error.log
TransferLog /usr/local/www/vhosts/logs/vhosts/vhost1-xfer.log
</VirtualHost>

I can connect to the virtual hosts fine,
but i cannot access websrv via frontpage

please advise

Vikash

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail.
JUST LIKE THAT
Are you ready for 10-digit dialling?
To find out how this will affect your Internet connection go to www.mweb.co.za/ten
http://airmail.mweb.co.za/