Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:44:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mhughes@logroad.bridge.com (Michael Hughes)
To:        doug@footech.com (Doug Jolley)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: damaged / filesystem

  Sorry about that, two many windows open on my desktop.  Did a man on a
SunOS 5.x box, not a FreeBSD box. That should have been:

	fsck -b <alternate super block>.

  If you look at the man page, 32 is the first one I would try.

Doug Jolley said in email to me:

> >Try doing fsck -o b=<alternate super block>.
>
> Hmmm.  I don't see a -o flag listed for fsck in the man page.
> Is this an undocumented flag or what?  What does it do?
> Also, based on the man page, I would just follow the b flag
> with 32 to indicate the alternate superblock (i.e., no = sign).
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks for the input.
>
>      ... doug
> Doug Jolley     mailto://doug@footech.com      http://www.footech.com
>          Don't bogart that file, my friend.  Net it over to me.

 _ _ _                    _    _    ,                    Loghome living is the
Bridge Information Systems, Inc.        /|
St Louis MO                             |/                  mhughes@bridge.com