Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:50:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Tom Parquette <tparquet@twcny.rr.com>
Cc:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DHCP and 4.1-RELEASE

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Tom Parquette wrote:

> I'm still having problems with the dhcp server.  I ran sysinstall again and
> looked where you pointed me.  No dice.  I looked at the ftp server at:
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.1-release/net/ and
> the isc-dhcp2 and isc-dhcp3 files are not there.
[snip]
> I do not know where to go from here.
> Anybody have a suggestion?

You could always get DHCP from http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP/. I've
never had to use the client, but the server compiled perfectly right out
of the box. No, I don't know what I'm doing; I just followed the
directions. Works great, lasts a long time.

Bonne chance!

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
[1]    Bus error                     netscape