Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:26:12 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@staffcollection.ro>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, "Grant Peel" <grant@thenetnow.com>
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/sys

1/20/03 1:17:38 AM, "Grant Peel" <grant@thenetnow.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I just loaded our newest box with freebsd 4.4. Everthing is fine, except, I
>dont have a /usr/src/sys dir, and therefore, can't recompile my kernel.
>
>Any ideas?

FROM:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-
building.html

Note: If there is not a /usr/src/sys directory on your system, then the kernel
source has not been installed. The easiest way to do this is by running
/stand/sysinstall as root, choosing Configure, then Distributions, then src,
then sys. If you have an aversion to sysinstall and you have access to an
``official'' FreeBSD CDROM, then you can also install the source from the
command line:

    # mount /cdrom
    # mkdir -p /usr/src/sys
    # ln -s /usr/src/sys /sys
    # cat /cdrom/src/ssys.[a-d]* | tar -xzvf -

IOnut