Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:30:16 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   World built on 21/6/98 exploded with KDE port :-(

Hi All,

My system built on the 21/6/98 just rebooted itself, and trashed a
filesystem to boot...

I'm running an SMP kernel, and I was running the KDE port - I selected 'Show
widgets in windows '95 style' on the desktop preferences and the server just
rebooted...

When it came back it had trashed my data filesystem worse than I've seen for
a long time (I lost about 16-20 files - they all claimed to be huge sizes
(e.g. >4Gb) (it's a standard, i.e. sync filesystem - no softupdates or async
etc.)

Anyone got any ideas? - or know about this? (apart from the obvious, don't
do it again? <g>)

Regards,

Karl Pielorz