Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:14:12 -0800
From:      Lee_Shackelford@dot.ca.gov
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Partitioning a RAID drive

Dear person at freeBSD:

     Greetings.  I hope you will not find this message a nuisance, and
might have the time to respond.  Is there any information posted, and if
so, by what research process might I find it, on the technique of
partitioning (or slicing) a RAID drive array.  The RAID is implemented in
hardware.  I am a total neophyte to Unix and to BSD.  I am reading the book
by Analise Anderson, but the topic is not mentioned there.  The FreeBSD
system is to be installed on my home system.  I am certain that this
question has been asked before.  I just do not know how to find it.  I have
no access to a newsgroup server.  Many thanks.  Yours truly, Lee S.
Lee_Shackelford@dot.ca.gov