Date:      28 May 2001 15:25:01 -0400
From:      Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>
To:        David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: thinkpad 570 success

David Bremner <bremner@unb.ca> writes:

> I have prowled the archives, but not come away with a firm impression
> one way or the other.
>
> I am thinking of converting my laptop from Linux to FreeBSD.
>
> I currently run 4.3-(Release|Stable) on two desktops.
>
> I guess my main concerns are APM and support for the Linksys PCLM56
> combo ethernet+modem card.
>
> Can anyone supply any success/horror stories?

I sucessfully ran FreeBSD 4.0 - 4.2 on a ThinkPad 570 about a year ago.
Everything worked well (including audio and suspend/resume).  I believe the
only gotcha resides in *not* setting the pcic device to polling mode, but
giving it a specific interupt.

I no longer have the ThinkPad 570 as I had to give it back to my employer
when I left last summer.

--
Mark Evenson <evenson@panix.com>

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."