Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:15:59 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        jb@freebsd1.cimlogic.com.au, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Architecture dependent source

#define quoting(Nate Williams)
// > Has the directory structure for architecture dependent source been
// > decided?
// >
// > For instance, does src/sys/i386 become src/sys/arch/i386 (like NetBSD)
// > or do we just start adding src/sys/alpha because i386 sets the precedent?
//
// Personally, I don't see that '/sys/arch' buys us anything other than
// 'Yet Another directory'.  Especially when there is no goal of having
// every architecture under the sun working.

It has the advantage of isolating architectures from other stuff.
A ls in the arch dir shows all architectures, and nothing else.

I'm not sure, but think it's mostly cosmetic though.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698				jonny@coppe.ufrj.br