Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:13:01 -0400
From:      bill@twwells.com (T. William Wells)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about the mascot

In article <37B21136.4E1D568@gorean.org>, Doug  <Doug@gorean.org> wrote:
:       You are, quite simply, wrong. No one has said that. If you think you read
: someone saying that, check again. What I have said, about 8 times now is
: that the "little devil" makes some people uncomfortable and that
: promotional materials without it would be a good thing. That's all, period.

As I've told any number of people, in various contexts: [We,
meaning the folks I was talking with at the time] aren't in the
business of pandering to the emotional reactions of tiny segments
of the potential customer base. To do so would dilute the
effectiveness of our present efforts while diverting resources
from where they could be more effectively spent.

There just aren't enough people who'll shy away from the little
devil to make the creation of a whole 'nother set of material
worth the effort.