Date:      Sun, 08 Jun 2014 12:25:14 -0700
From:      Jim Pazarena <fports@paz.bz>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg 2 ng conversion

On 2014-06-08 10:55 AM, Warren Block wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Jun 2014, Jim Pazarena wrote:
>

> No.  pkg is just a package manager.  It does not replace ports, it just
> handles packages.  Like the old package manager, binary packages can be
> downloaded and installed rather than ports, but the choice is yours.

Ahh.. therein lies the confusion. I have been compiling ports for many
years. However the compilations began nagging about converting pkg2ng.
So I investigated, and set the appropriate "WITH_PKGNG=yes" and ran
pkg2ng. But I never use packages. I always compile from ports.

So the warning appearing in each and every compile was & is very
misleading. Unless I am *still* confused !!