Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:30:00 +0200
From:      Juha-Matti Liukkonen <jml@cubical.fi>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: status of avm b1 driver

Hi,

FYI, I am in the process of implementing a capi pseudo-device driver
which attaches to i4b L4 to support active devices implementing the CAPI
2.0 interface. An underlying hardware driver implements actual hardware
communications for the message passing to/from the device. My target is
AVM T1 (a PRI device), but the capi layer would conceivably ease
supporting other capi based devices as well.

The project is currently in-house and made for a specific commercial
application, but I see no reason why it could not be made public domain
at some point.

I am currently waiting for the testing environment to become available,
and the implementation is pending final cleanup until then. I am
somewhat open to suggestions on possible generalisations of the
architecture; for example, the current implementation does not support
the userland /dev/capi20 interface specified in the std part III, as we
have no need for that, but someone might.

	- Juha

Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> >From the keyboard of glaess@element5.de:
>
> > is any one there he can tell me the status of the avm b1 driver of the
> > i4b packet na where can i get.
>
> The AVM B1 card is not supported and it don't looks like it will ever
> be supported.
>
> In case anyone likes to write a driver for it there are cards for
> development purposes available.
>
> hellmuth
> --
> Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
> HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77
> Oldesloer Strasse 97-99                               Mail  hm [at] hcs.de
> D-22457 Hamburg                                       WWW   http://www.hcs.de

Juha-Matti Liukkonen, Cubical Solutions Ltd
Phone: +358(0)405280142
Email: jml@cubical.fi