Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 14:16:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Larry Lee <lclee@primenet.com>, chat@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commerical applications

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > I do agree that FreeBSD needs some serious help with respect to
> > installation and configuration.
>
> And I need some serious help in providing that full picture.  Are you
> willing to help write some of the code?  Rough design docs we have
> coming out our ears, but programmers capable of executing them not so
> much.

Which was one of my points.  :)

The best interface designers are often lousy programmers, if
programmers at all, thus a designer/programmer team is required.
The FreeBSD development model does not *appear* to support such
teams very well; everybody wants to "own" their project and the
designer/programmer arrangement can so easily turn into a
master/slave arrangement....

I would like to be proven wrong though.  :)

-john