Date:      Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:50:17 GMT
From:      Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/77690: new port submission - security/sguil-server

The following reply was made to PR ports/77690; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,  pauls@utdallas.edu
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:49:10 +0400

 There is a few flows in the port.
 1) Use MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR instead of addition you did in MASTER_SITES.
 2) You can ommit ${LOCALBASE}/bin in RUN_DEPENDS macro.
 3) Wrong logic with WITHOUT_X11 and WITH_MYSQL variables you use.
 The first: WITH_ and WITHOUT_ variables is for user options, you should
 never set them in Makefile.

 Second: instead of
 RUN_DEPENDS+=
 ${LOCALBASE}/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so:${PORTSDIR}/databases/mysql41-client
 you should use USE_MYSQL macro which do all magic.

 Anyway a construction like that is bad looking:
 WITHOUT_X11=	yes
 .if defined(WITHOUT_X11)

 4) Don't hard code PREFIX=/usr/local in pkg-install instead of change it
   on PREFIX=%%PREFIX%%, move the file in files/pkg-install.in and add
 next lines in Makefile:
 PKGINSTALL=${WRKDIR}/pkg-install
 SUB_FILES=pkg-install
 5) Don't use a random UID/GID. Select them from reserved numbers that
 you can in The Porters Handbook and ask a committer (me?) to register
 them there (you should give full lines like other in The Porters
 Handbook). And create user and group with these UID/GID.
 6) Most bad thing. $Id$ tags should never been in patches. CVS will
 change them after commit and patches will not be applied.

 BTW, tclX is broken and I can't check the port install.
 --
 Sem.