Date:      Thu, 02 Apr 1998 23:43:27 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        dannyman <dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org>
Cc:        Dave Marquardt <marquard@zilker.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr on more that one drive?

Hi,

I run two CCD's on my system, they run fine - but they can be a 'bit scarey'
sometimes, especially when you mistakingly format one drive of the CCD...

You can't boot off a CCD at the moment (There is someone working on a
similar / bootable driver to CCD) - and if you _really_ want your /usr
filesystem to run off a CCD it's going to take a bit of jigging around...
You'll need to make sure the CCD is setup and mounted very early in the boot
stage...

It should be possible though (and after the above paragraph someones bound
to jump in and say it's easy just do 'xxxxx'  ;-)

CCD's performance wise are good - though it does vary with the types of file
(small vs. large) and the types of read / writes you do... I beleive news
servers almost find them mandatory to get their drive throughput rates up...
:)

Regards,

Karl