Date:      Sun, 03 Sep 2000 12:36:15 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "kmays" <kmays@email.msn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD v4.1R on laptops

Ken,

I run 4.1-Stable on my 600E with no problems. But your mileage may vary
depending on the PCCARD devices you need. 4.1 does not support CardBus
(32 bit) PCMCIA cards. It works well with my Xircom RealPort card and
my Adaptec SCSI card.

If you have not run FreeBSD on a laptop, read up on the pccard
stuff. Look at /etc/defaults/pccard.conf and the man pages on pccardd
and pccardc. You may have a glitch or two, but, once you get the
configuration right, it should be fine.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)