Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:27:50 -0800
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   GtK library problem?

--==_Exmh_-1928701752P

Hi,

Please excuse me if this has been asked before, I can't find any archives for
this list...

The port for gtk12 in -STABLE defines HAVE_GETRESUID in the 'config.h' file it
generates, and thus the appropriate snippet of code is enabled in 'gtkmain.c',
in the 'check_setugid()' function.

This appears to be because FreeBSD actually has one of these (in the kernel?),
although it's hidden.

However, it's not available to userland programs, thus this define is bogus.

This makes Applix (the native FreeBSD one, from the Desktop edition) blow up
at runtime, because it can't find the 'getresuid()' call.

I don't know why it's only Applix that seems to blow up (I've got a bunch of
other stuff that uses Gtk without any problems) and the fix is relatively
simple, but it gets kind of old having to remember to manually frob Gtk
everytime I rebuild my ports.

Any chance that someone more familiar with this could make the gtk12 port DTRT?

The best suggestion I can come up with is a fairly inelegant
post-configuration script to comment out the definition.

Please 'cc' me on any reply, as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Cheers,

AS

--==_Exmh_-1928701752P

--==_Exmh_-1928701752P--