Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:41:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      Graey <slayer@luvewe.ops.us.eglobe.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   more about PPP

I've narrowed down the problem to bsd not finding com port 1, which is
what my modem is on (0x3f8, irq 4).  One way to fix this is to change the
(onboard built in) modem over to port 2 (in bios) and disable the serial
port 2.  The other way to fix it is for bsd to locate com 1.  I know (I
think) how to do the former.  Can someone tell me how to do the latter?
That seems easier, plus I won't have to change some stupid settings in
windows too.

- Graey (can't wait to get that p200 that was promised to him so he can
         have a dedicated fbsd box)