Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2000 17:56:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recovering libxpg4.so.2 on 4.2-stable

Hi,

I just upgraded from 4.2-release to 4.2-stable & cannot start
X-windows.  When I type "startx" I get the following reply:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libxpg4.so.2" not found

A day or so ago, I did indeed delete some "old" things from
/usr/lib & /usr/libexec & apparently I "overdid" it.  (I
think that was one of the things I deleted.)  :-/

How can I fix this?

I tried /stand/sysinstall with 4.1 CD #1 (thinking I might
just reinstall X-windows) & sysinstall seems to think it's
an *audio* cd(!)  This system was "originally" 4.0-release
& has more-or-less tracked -stable.

Help appreciated...

-kc