Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 10:53:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        admin@itacom.com.py (Gregorio Faraldo)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD & DSL technology

In a previous message, Gregorio Faraldo said:
> I have a little question about DSL
> I can use two modems DSL on a dedicated line ( Leased Line )for a  point to
> point conection.
> Single to connect my office with my home.

According to our DSL guys here (and that's looking like that's going to
be my next project), yes, you get a copper wire between 2 points, then you
could do that. The 2 modems aren't going to be identical. One has to act
like a server.

Seems to me though, that just getting 2 DSL lines to an ISP that you have
them route would be cheeper than a leased line.

DSL is $40 from the phone company, then, a personal account is another $20
or so from and ISP (uswest.net for instance).

Of course, since I work for USWest (in the Frame Relay side of !NTERPRISE)
and !NTERACT (uswest.net) is upstairs, I might be biased.

Must be nice to be close enough to the CO to get DSL.

--
Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left... right?