Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:04:55 +0000
From:      George Cox <gjvc@extremis.demon.co.uk>
To:        Marc Giannoni <mgiannoni@capu.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CMOS clock and NTP

On 26/01 23:55, Marc Giannoni wrote:

> I have a Dell Dimension P100 with a fast CMOS clock.  This clock will
> gain almost an hour a day, and NTP won't sync with any servers.  (I have
> NTP working on another host)

You should get NTP working rather than attempt to alter kernel timing
variables.  If you already have NTP working on one host, copy that
configuration to this problematic host.

gjvc

--
[gjvc]                                                    Powered by SMP FreeBSD
                              In god we're trussed        http://www.freebsd.org