Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:31:18 -0400
From:      Charles Richmond <cmr@sitaranetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of the Alpha port

Gentle pers
Perhaps I am just being blind )-:  but info about the port to alpha
seems hard to find. Who is actually
working on the port, is there a different tree.  Am I going to be able
to install and boot a FreeBSD
alpha?  Snapshots?  Alpha specific FAQ?  We currently use FreeBSD on x86
and are concerned
with multiplatform capabilities for our next generation.  Thus I am
examining the 3 major BSDs to
help in choosing our next OS/version. Supposedly beast.freebsd.org is an
alpha running FreeBSD,
but which version ?  If the port is not curently buildable/installable
can I get at beast to do an eval?

TIA
Charles Richmond