Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 14:25:10 -0500
From:      "Kerby Smith" <kerby@bengali.npl.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   quotes

hi, i have 2 questions... im VERY new to FreeBSD (dont even run it yet,
waiting on the cd to get here *grin*) and subscribed to learn about it so i
dont do anything stupid...

first of all, do i post questions to "freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org" or do i
post them to "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org"??? i think i only subscribed
to freebsd-newbies, cause a friend told me i should. should i also
subscribe to freebsd-questions too? im sorry for the stupid question, but
im new to mailing lists too as u can see :(

for the second VERY stupid question, how come on most things unix related i
see quotes done like ``this" like below??? i mean, can u do regular quotes?
or is it just 'how its done' for ppl who use freebsd?

You need to indent the non-label lines as described in the man page
and shown in the sample files.  ``net'' is being treated as a label
with no instructions.

sorry for the stupid questions and annoying yall... im just kinda confused
and dont know if i send to freebsd-newbies if it'll even go anywhere,
thanks alot

kerby smith :)

Kerby Smith
kerby@bengali.npl.com
I am Guilty of Murder... Blame me for
the death of Jesus Christ, because it was
for my sins that he was tortured and crucified!